ABOUT PLY MAGAZINE
PLY Magazine was initially funded in 2013 by the spinning community via a very successful kickstarter.com campaign. In fact, with PLY’s very limited advertising (less than 15% instead of the normal 40-50%), PLY is still funded by the community — without subscribers and writers, it doesn’t exist. With its very small staff of 5, there is a lot of work and passion in this magazine, we hope it shows.
PLY’s mission as a primary source for spinning knowledge, technique, and opinion is to do the following:
- Support, reflect, and respond to the worldwide handspinning community
- Provide in-depth material for intermediate to advanced spinners
- Inspire new spinners
- Celebrate the diversity of spinning and handspinners
- Give a voice to spinners everywhere
- Record the rich history, report on the vibrant present, and inspire the hopeful future of spinning by creating a themed, archive-worthy document of the spinning community’s aspirations, activities, and achievements.
- Support indie businesses and craftspeople via affordable advertising, fair compensation, and return of intellectual property.
More info on Ply can be found here https://plymagazine.com/